Thursday, September 23, 2004

That was quite a sight. Was it not? I mean the car bomber (`Allawi) in the US congress. Here was a former killer for Saddam pontificating about "freedom"--what else--to members of the US congress, in the self-designated "beacon of freedom." But I bet that this is not the first time that a murderer or killer or a car bomber addresses the audience of crooks, charletans, and demagogues. I was trying to guess the speech writers of `Allawi's words in US. I reached the following conclusions: `Allawi's speech in the Congress had the touch of Kanan Makiya (the neo-con guy who had told Bush that Iraqis would greet US occupation forces with "sweets and flowers"), especially that grotesque phrase "thanks you America for the invasion and occupation of my country." The statement of `Allawi in the Rose Garden was in my opinion written for him by Bush's campaign speech writers. Even NBC Nora O'Donnel (if that is her name) noticed that `Allawi used the same language of Bush's speeches on the stump.